DynamoDB is a NoSQL document database service that is fully managed. Unlike traditional databases, NoSQL databases, are schema-less. Schema-less simply means that the database doesn’t contain a fixed (or rigid) data structure.
- DynamoDB is found under the Database section on the AWS Management Console.
- DynamoDB can handle more than 10 trillion requests per day.
- DynamoDB is serverless as there are no servers to provision, patch, or manage.
- DynamoDB supports key-value and document data models.
- DynamoDB synchronously replicates data across three Availability Zones in an AWS Region.
- DynamoDB supports GET/PUT operations using a primary key.
Fast and flexible NoSQL database service for any scale
- Performance at scale
- High Availability and Durability
- No servers to manage
DynamoDB is a NoSQL database service for all applications that need consistent, single-digit millisecond latency at any scale. Its flexible data model and reliable performance make it a great fit for mobile, web, gaming, ad-tech, IoT, and many other applications.
Applications best suit:-
- Serverless Web Apps
- Mobile app backend
Let us make hands dirty
- Create a table
- Add data to a table
- Query data in a table
- Cleanup or delete table
Go to Services and select DynamoDB service
→ On the DynamoDB Console, click “
UsersInfo as the
Name in for the
Partition key and ensure
String is selected.
→For now, keep everything default and click on
Now the table is ready, Add data into it
→Click on “Create Item”.
→Enter the value e.g your good name
→ Then click on + button then select ” Insert ” → then select datatype as String provides field name as “EmailId” enter value → Click on “Save” button.
Now data is ready you can add more records for your testimonials.
Query record in a table:-
→ Select the “Query” from drop-down
→ Where it says,
Enter value in the row next to the
name Partition key. i.e Mahesh, in this case, it may be different for you.
→Click on “Start search” button.
→You should see your search results
Once everything is done cleanup resources, delete resources.
→ Click on the
Delete table button.
Delete all CloudWatch alarms for this table is selected and click
If you want to create a backup check “Create a backup before deleting this table”.