Angular 5.0 new ship arrives.
Google now released new Angular 5.0 version as pentagonal-donut. A new cookie is ready now we have to taste it. The Angular 5.0.0 upgrade itself centers on making the framework faster, smaller, and easier to use. Angular now requires TypeScript 2.4.x.
How’s a new taste of Angular 5?
What are the new features angular 5 is come up with?
- Build Optimiser
- Angular Universal State Transfer API and DOM Support
- Compiler Improvements
- Improved Decorator Support
- Internationalised Number, Date, and Currency Pipes. a document comparing the pipe behavior between v4 and v5.
- Replace the ReflectiveInjector with StaticInjector.
- Zone speed improvements
- exportAs to exporting a directive with multiple names.
- CLI v1.5.
- Angular Forms adds updateOn Blur / Submit.
- Support for RxJS 5.5 and later version
- New Router Lifecycle Events.
How to use Angular5.0 or How to update it to the latest version.
Google had designed update guide use this. With the help of this link you can update version from angular 2.0 up to angular 5.0.
Update guide from 4.0 to 5.0
Angular Update Guide — 4.0 -> 5.0 for Basic Apps
template tags to
UpgradeModule imported from
@angular/upgrade. Instead use the new versions in
During the update
If you rely on the date, currency, decimal, or percent pipes, in 5 you will see minor changes to the format. For applications using locales other than en-us, you will need to import it and optionally
locale_extended_frfrom and registerLocaleData(local).
Update all of your dependencies to the latest Angular and the right version of TypeScript. If you are using Linux/Mac, you can use:
npm install [email protected] --save-exact
After the update
HttpModule and the
Http service to
HttpClientModule and the
HttpClient service. HttpClient simplifies the default ergonomics (You don’t need to map to json anymore) and now supports typed return values and interceptors. Read more on angular.io
For more details explore more on below link